Facts You Need to Know Before Taking Admission with a Montessori Teacher Training Institute
18th September 2020
Do you have a passion for shaping and guiding children in their self-developmental phase?
Well, then the Montessori teaching or administrator area may be the right choice for you.
The Montessori teaching technique highlights the intensified learning aptitude of children as becoming a Montessori educator is a great experience. In this method of education, children are allowed to make their own choices. Montessori teaching usually revolves around engrossing the unique technique of guiding the young minds. This child-centred instructive methodology is basically based on systematic interpretations of young minds from birth to adulthood. The Montessori system is now being called as one of the most successfully implemented in teaching methods nearly in every country around the world.
Developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, the Montessori teaching approach was developed on her understanding about the ways to teach children in a free learning environment with an expressive involvement in the lives of children. It focuses on how children can learn from their surrounding environments so that they can learn naturally. Dr. Montessori stated that learning is a ‘self-directed’ development which is based on some essential laws of human nature.
How the Montessori Technique is Different from Others Teaching Methods?
Well, the Montessori teaching approach gives a lot of independence to a child to improve his or her own observation and skills to learn new teaching techniques. The Montessori teaching approach provides the child with a natural effort to learn based on the different stages of development. The method is exclusive as the teacher plays the role of a director by helping the child to learn. The objective of a Montessori educator is to lead the children towards individuality as well as self-discipline.
Montessori teaching method emphasizes the significant developmental landmark in children for honing different language skills. A Montessori educator works on fine motor skills of a child by completing everyday activities, such as cooking and arts and crafts. The method focuses on the developmental stages of young learners.
The Montessori teaching method encourages children to share and work accommodatingly to explore and learn at their own pace and on their own terms. The technique certainly teaches children self-control, and it improves significant skills like attentiveness, self-discipline and drive. The Montessori teaching approach inspires the creativity of the young minds as the children are completely allowed (under guidance) to select their accomplishments where the creativity in the classroom is being encouraged.
One of the extreme advantages of the Montessori Method is the focus on hands-on learning, chiefly throughout the early learning experience. The major focus is on the concrete, rather than abstract learning, as students work on activities that teach language, math, culture and practical life lessons.
So, what are things that you should keep in your mind while enrolling in a Montessori Teacher Training Institute?
Well, before entering to this rewarding career path, it is important to know that selecting a good Montessori teacher education program is not an easy task. Quality teaching education is a serious proposition and challenging too.
First of all, ask these questions to your providers:
- Ask about their accreditations in addition to the certifications.
- Ask about their affiliations.
- How do you arrange the theoretical work together with the practical teaching practice?
- Ask about their mentors, trainers and how can you communicate with them.
- What schools will you have the access to for teaching practice?
- It is very important to know whether your prospective course provider about the placement programs.
- Check the reviews well, if possible try to contact with their alumni, where they work, on what posts they are settled etc.
- Infrastructure is an important factor as well.
- Ask about the experience and background of the top trainer.
- Does your selected course provider have no info at all about the training team and if not then you truly have to wonder why.
- How many trainers are there in the program?
- Ask about the course format, assignments, experiential components, coursework and so on.
- What kind of assignments are you anticipated completing?
- Will there be a research module? And how will that advantage you?
Try to find out what courses are accessible near you, if possible then visit the course provider’s office physically and current trainees. The course providers are always pleased to respond questions and confusion, they can give some appreciated recommendations about the whole application procedure. You can also visit their official websites and can attend one of their events to get the real feel of the program support that you would receive during your training time.
Last but not the least, a protected environment counts the most!
Utilizing a Montessori Teacher Training Course
If you are thinking that the Montessori teacher training course will lead you to only the teaching sector than you are mistaken. The career path is quite broad and demanding at present.
- You can become a Montessori teacher.
- You can work in the childcare sector.
- Course content developer.
- Instructional designer.
- You can work on different behavioural, social, and language aptitudes of young learners.
- You can work on the physiological ailments sector among young learners.
- You can work for different infant-toddler programmes.
- Your certificate will make you eligible for working in elementary schools too.
- Your certificate will also allow you to be a part of the Montessori adolescent programmes.
After all these creative fields, if you have an international teaching diploma in addition to this then you can grab a job anywhere around the world.
Well, there are other considerations too but we have covered the most significant ones and these will be relevant for your teacher training course. Choosing a good course that’s correct for you is the main decision point in the whole teaching training application process, we would suggest you get in touch with individuals who can answer your questions precisely. Go with these checkpoints. Commit yourself enthusiastically to the process and it will surely be worth it.Written By: Gargi Sen