Pursue a Diploma in Educational Administration and Management and Hone Your Leadership Skills
26th October 2017
Education Management refers to the process of incorporating the appropriate human as well as material resources which are available and effective for achieving the aims and purposes of educational institutions. Education Management does not refer to one single process rather it acts as an umbrella or a collection of processes such as planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, controlling and most importantly evaluating the performances of other departments. This concept is applicable to the educational institutions which have a particular purpose or aim to achieve. The head or the chief of the educational administration has to plan various activities and programs in order to achieve those goals and aims. The educational organization can be a school, a college, a university or any other kind of educational institutions.
The Educational Administration and management have some objectives which it needs to meet in order to meet certain goals and purposes. Some of the roles and functions of an Educational Administrator are as follows:
- You need to ensure that the students get a quality education. Quality education does not mean education at a high cost rather they should ensure that the students get the correct kind of education from the proper teachers at an affordable price. This would, in turn, ensure the expansion in the number of the students and improvement in the quality of education.
- You need to ensure that all the available resources like the financial resources; human as well as material resources are all utilized to their optimum capacity so that you can take a step towards achieving the goals and purposes.
- You also must promote the development of ethics among the teachers as they are the ones who are mature and they help in accelerating the program within time. Educational administrators should have an aim to promote hard work and commitment for the job among the teachers.
- Your objective should also include developing good relations with the community. You should seek the support and cooperation from the community for improvement in the quality of education and expansion in terms of quantity. You should ensure that examinations in the educational system are smooth and is fair.
- Your objective should be to improve the educational quality that the students receive, which also includes honing their extra-curricular skills. That way you can ensure an all-round development of the students as well as the teachers.
- You have to get the work done effectively. It should meet the expectations of the society and the individuals, so that it proves to be beneficial for all involved, directly or indirectly.
- You should ensure that the students develop a modern and scientific outlook towards all aspects of life. They will become global citizens, and the Educational Administrator has a lot to contribute to this.
- The most important job that you have to do is ensuring quality education for the students and brings about a qualitative change in the educational system. These require providing correct guidance to the teachers as well.
Pursuing a Diploma in educational administration and management would ensure that you have the necessary skills and qualities in order to become successful in this field. And your leadership qualities would certainly be an added advantage to this.Written By: Sonal Agrawal